The Kates Foundation was established in 1995. It is committed to supporting local non-profit organizations in Florida’s Sarasota and Manatee counties which help create positive growth platforms for our community members who may otherwise have fewer opportunities.
Primary areas of interest are education, literacy, women’s issues, children’s programing and social services.
The foundation generally does not fund grants for
- Endowments, deficit financing, debt reduction, or ordinary operating expenses
- Conferences, seminars, workshops, travel, surveys, fund raising costs, or personal research
- Annual campaign giving
- Individuals (not at all)
- Scholarships or abatement dollars
- Multi-year grants
- Completed projects
- Programs and agencies outside of Sarasota and Manatee counties
- Religious institutions or organizations